The directors of C & K Meats recognise that virtually all the activities in the food industry have some impact on the environment. We believe that our performance as a leading processor of meat products will be measured not only by our profitability, but also by our impact on the environment.
C & K Meats will strive to continually improve environmental performance and prevent pollution of land, air, and water. As a business dependent on natural resources, we are acutely aware of the need to use those resources efficiently and with minimal impact on the environment.
C & K Meats will measure its impact on the environment and set targets for on going improvement.
In support of our principles, we will:
- Integrate environmental considerations into all our business decisions and activities.
- Monitor our progress and review our environmental performance on a regular basis.
- Implement systems and procedures to ensure continuous improvement of our environmental performance.
- Educate our employees in environmental issues and the environmental impacts of their activities.
- Comply with and where feasible exceed the minimum requirements of all applicable environmental legislation.
To reduce the impact of our activities on the environment, our measures include to:
- Manage and minimise our energy use wherever possible and continually explore opportunities for improving efficiency.
- Ensure all waste streams are handled correctly and apply the waste hierarchy wherever possible
- Minimise water use whilst maintaining our safety critical processes.
- Minimise transport fuel consumption through driver training and economic vehicles.
- Ensure stringent controls are in place at all times to protect the environment, including the prevention of pollution.
We will endeavour to positively impact the local environment, economy, and society as a whole by:
- Considering and minimising the impacts on local communities adjacent to our factory and in the surrounding area.
- Supporting our suppliers on environmental matters and encouraging best practice wherever possible.
C & K Meats will achieve these commitments through our ISO 14001 certified environmental management system.
C & K Meats will promote environmental responsibility and improved environmental performance across the business through employee engagement, awareness raising, participation, and training.
Date: 20th December, 2017